|Answers to last week's quiz (#244)|
|Strategist Team / New Delhi Mar 19, 2012, 00:13 IST|
- Apart from being chiefs of their respective Central Banks, what is common to RBI Governor D Subba Rao and US Fed Chief Ben Bernanke?Both of them are alumni of MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Subba Rao was the Humphrey fellow at MIT in 1982 and Bernanke got his Phd from MIT in 1979.
- Which company has its headquarters on One Geoffrey Way and why so?Toys R Us has its headquarters on a street which is named after its mascot Geoffrey.
- Name the business strategy that is named after a form of martial art where the size of the opponent is used against him. As a business strategy, the central idea is turning an opponent’s strength into a disadvantage.The Judo strategy, named after a form of Japanese martial art. It was used as a metaphor in the book “Judo Strategy” (2001) by David B Yoffie and Mary Kwak.
- Who has launched a body wear (innerwear) collection branded after David Beckham?H&M (Hennes & Mauritz), the Swedish retail company.
- Name the oldest soft drink brand of India.Dukes, it was established by the Pundole family in 1899. It is now owned by PepsiCo.
- An Indian brand named after the youngest daughter of its founder way back in the 1930s and a 40 yr old German brand named after its founder’s daughter coincidentally have a JV in India. The German brand is considered as a leader in the water filteration products business. Name JV.Usha Brita. Brita is a German company that began production under a pear tree in the founder Heinz Hankammer’s house in 1966.
- The resurgence of which company is linked to the strategies of introducing a two way communication channel called Freevoice with its CEO and conducting formal summit meetings called “Getting There” to get its leaders aligned with its market ambition? The CEO also donned the role of the Chief Happiness Officer.Mahindra Satyam
- Elon Musk, Luke Nosek, Max Levchin, Peter Thiel and Ken Howery are founders of a company and together are known by a notoriously famous term. What is it?The PayPal Mafia. They were the founders of the company.
- Which company’s research team is making a way to next generation of vehicles by using a low on nutrition cooking ingredient that is sourced from a plant having a scientific name of Zea mays to manufacture body parts for cars?Tata Motors is experimenting with Cornstarch to make car body parts.
- Identify the mascot from the visual and mention the organisation he represents.Coffee Swami is the mascot of the Coffee Board of India.