“I was an ugly child. What can I say? Someday I hope Hollywood makes a film about ______, and they’ll be sure to cast somebody who looks like Tom Cruise in the lead role — but in the non Hollywood version, things don’t work out that way.” These are the opening lines of whose book?
- What technique came out of a Stanford University study which analysed data from Fortune 500 companies and found a 35 per cent discrepancy between the companies’ objectives and what was actually implemented?
- This ad agency was set up by bunch of students in 1993 because they couldn’t get an interview with traditional agencies. Recently Forbes rated them as one of the top 5 performing agencies in the world and a circus art and street entertainment company has taken a stake in it. Identify the agency and mention how it got its name.
- This youth brand that sells about 1 million sun glasses in India is foraying into motorcycle helmets, footwear and apparel. It plans to design and launch bicycles and may consider taking over a FM or TV Channel. Name it.
- Dow Corning expanded a self service web based distribution channel called Xiameter to market low cost silicon materials. From a business management perspective what concept does this act relate to?
- This company has a sole shareholder and therefore a general meeting is not held and its powers are executed by this sole shareholder. For its brand campaigns it uses the baseline “Simply Clever”. Name the company.
- Which brand runs a loyalty program that gives rewards on its Angel card?
- This person’s first business enterprise was selling Pepsi-Colas from a makeshift stand in his family’s front yard in US. Later on he invented a mechanical device in the 1920s which helped build his own business that is now a global brand. Name him and the brand.
- Invented by a St Louis advertiser in the late 1920s, this drink claimed that it would cure hangovers that plagued depression era Americans. Name it.
- Identify this Silicon Valley business and technology forum from its logo. It has already celebrated its silver jubilee.
Ten all-correct entries will receive a copy of Brian Tracy’s Change Your Thinking Change Your Life published by Wiley India (books courtesy: Wiley India). One lucky winner will also receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to email@example.com. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: March 6, till 8 pm. Previous winners, employees of Business Standard and Wiley India and their families are not eligible to participate.