|The Strategist Quiz (#245)|
|Gaurav Sri Krishna / New Delhi Mar 19, 2012, 00:11 IST|
- “IBM wants to wipes us off the face of the earth”, who said this to the Fortune magazine while discussing his company?
- The introduction of the pressure cooker in the late 1930s and an 11 herbs and spice formula invented by its founder has made this brand what it is today. Name it.
- Name the company which during the 1930s that invited the rich zamindars of South India to arrive in their horse drawn carts and drive out in a car. It also used leave a Chevrolet car, complete with chauffer free for a week with the rich customers for a trial. A pre cursor to today’s exchange offer and free trial, were pioneered by this company.
- Name the famous consulting company and the model or term it invented that characterises the uber enthusiasm and subsequent disappointment that typically come with new technologies.
- A Siren of Chrome ended up marrying Hank the Deuce. What is the connection here?
- Which brand is rebuilding its lineup of products that use an operating system based on software used to run nuclear power plants and unmanned aerial drones?
- This company was registered in London in1897 and remained to be a British company till 1978. Later it was acquired by and Indian business group in a most haphazard manner. Its current vice-chairman bought a parcel of shares from the open market. The patriarch of this business group was totally opposed to it, and he is said to have not eaten for two days when his son told him about it.
- What technique did Mahindra & Mahindra use to display a cheetah alongside its XUV500 in the recently concluded Auto expo in India and Godrej Interio use to display its new furniture line at the Lakme Fashion week recently?
- Name the first person to be listed as the richest in the world by Forbes when it started the world’s billionaires listing?
- Identify the company from the visual that displays its first logo created when it was formed in the 1890s.