|The Strategist Quiz (#247)|
|Gaurav Sri Krishna / New Delhi Apr 02, 2012, 00:58 IST|
- After the recent tragic killing of Trayvon Martin in the US, this brand has unintentionally taken on the role of brand representative for the shooting protests. Name the brand and state the reason.
- Just as its shares started selling to the public for the first time, BATS Global Markets halted trading on its own stock, week ending 24th March, 2012 after a series of technical errors in its system. What is BATS?
- What is common to Juan Atkins the inventor of Techno Music and the world’s richest person Carlos Slim Helu?
- The greatest contribution of this advertising genius of the 1900s was helping to create a national tooth brushing habit in the US. Before the advent of the brand for which he created advertising campaigns, almost no Americans brushed their teeth. Name the person and the brand.
- This American brand started in a Michigan farm by two brothers in 1892 is now British owned. Mark Twain, Theodore Roosevelt, Thomas Edison and Mahatma Gandhi were its users. It was one of the first to bring out a Mickey Mouse branded edition during the 1930s. Name it.
- For IBM it started in 1952 and ended in 1982. For Microsoft it started in 1998 and ended in 2004. What is being referred to here?
- Who renamed what as Theobroma, which meant for food of the gods in Greek?
- On October 15, 1932, when JRD soared in a tiny single-engined De Havilland Puss Moth from Karachi with a 25-kg first load of mail to Bombay via Ahmadabad, which oil company refueled his plane in Ahmadabad?
- Whose baseline reads “Working for a World Free of Poverty”?
- Identify the organisation from its logo. It is a cooperative by character where its customers can become members of their local units and also have a say in its operations.