|Answers to last week's quiz (#255)|
|Strategist Team / Jun 04, 2012, 00:39 IST|
- What is common to the brands, Asian Paints and Pringles?
Names for both were chosen from the telephone directory
- What significant event related to the social networking world is linked to NASA’s final service mission for the Hubble Space Telescope in May 2009?
While on this mission, astronaut Michael J Massimino sent the first Twitter message from space
- This person was appointed professor of painting and sculpture at the University of New York (now New York University) during the 1830s. He invented a marble-cutting machine that could carve a three dimensional sculpture in marble/stone and later discovered that it was not patentable because it infringed an earlier invention. One of his famous paintings is that of the Dying Hercules. Name him.
Samuel F B Morse, inventor of the telegraph
- What is the ‘Become Indra’s Advisor Contest”?
This is one of its kind contest announced by PepsiCo, that provides B-school students with a lifetime opportunity presenting their challenge solution to PepsiCo’s chairperson and CEO, Indra Nooyi at PepsiCo’s headquarters at Purchase, New York
- If the name Redmond is synonymous with Microsoft, then with which brand is the place Waterloo synonymous?
Research In Motion, makers of Blackberry phones
- In the late 1950s, faced with overwhelming debts, three babies and only $200 in hand, a songwriter spent most of the $200 left with him and bought a tape recorder. This machine would let him vary playback speed and therefore used it to alter his voice and went on sing a song called the Witch Doctor and created history. His creation is now worth more than a billion dollars. Name him and his creation.
Ross Bagdasarian Sr, a songwriter who created the popular characters Alvin and the Chipmunks
- What are the McCaslin, Menlo, Moorestown and Medfield platforms?
All are codenames for Intel’s mobile internet platforms
- Name this Indian company that was founded by two British gentlemen in 1902 and for some time it was part of a UK company called the Red Hand Composition company.
- With which brand are these ad lines connected — We Roar and As alive as you are?
The carmaker Jaguar
- Identify the mascot and the brand it is linked to form the visual.
McDonald’s original advertising symbol was a winking little fellow named “Speedee”, designed to promote McDonald’s fast service. He was replaced by the golden arches and later named Ronald McDonald.