|The Strategist Quiz (#237)|
|Gaurav Sri Krishna / New Delhi Jan 23, 2012, 00:03 IST|
- An engineer from Siemens India was challenged by his wife to repair an imported electrical appliance manufactured by Braun of Germany. Instead of doing so he designed a new one and founded his own brand. Name the person and the brand.
- Who arrived at these three discriminators namely: Financial discipline, empirical creativity and product paranoia to suggest that these helped companies achieve outstanding results in highly volatile environments?
- Inspiration for the design of this brand dates back to pre-World War II vehicles made by a company in Nebraska, USA. It entered India in 1960 and left in 1971, reappeared during the 90s that lasted till 1999. It is making a comeback again as a luxury brand and likely to be launched next year. Identify the brand.
- On the day of which product’s launch did the CEO of the company respond to a reporter’s query on its pre launch market research by saying “Did Alexander Graham Bell do any market research before he launched the telephone”?
- The founder’s mother suggested a Sanskrit name meaning a falling star or meteor, for this ad agency. Name the founder and the ad agency.
- Apart from being known as the inventors of the worldwide web and Facebook, what else are Tim Berns Lee and Mark Zuckerberg known for notably?
- Which music company intends to trademark the first few lines of a song produced by it in order to use it as a brand? This will be the first of its kind in India.
- Which brand has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888?
- Who uses the Murder Investigating Strategy while pitching for new business? It is assumed that the key period for solving a murder is normally the first 48 hrs.
- Identify the financial services and beverage brand from their logos, and mention the unique transaction they entered into at the end of 2011.