|The Strategist Quiz (#238)|
|Gaurav Sri Krishna / New Delhi Jan 30, 2012, 00:10 IST|
- The initial design of this vehicle had two soft doors with vinyl windows, a cloth roof and a metal bar as a safety measure. The manufacturer concluded that people would not want a ‘half a car’ and therefore shelved it for something better. Name the company and the brand.
- This company launched a brand of cosmetics after it found that out of its library of chemicals it had 4000 of them related to anti-oxidants that prevent photographs from fading. Since photos and the human skin contain collagen, it launched a cosmetics brand whose name means ‘Tomorrow’ in its home country. Identify the company and brand.
- This person was nicknamed Mile-a-Minute Harry as he surged through the store as brightly as the new invention of electricity. He is credited with one of the first innovations in retail industry. Name the person and his innovation.
- The CEO of which company dubbed as Atomic Anne resigned recently?
- The founder of this company while building its first 4-cylinder motorcycle drew inspiration from the statue of Buddha in a temple in Kyoto. Name the person and the company.
- He is called Donald _____ in Japan and Uncle ______ in Singapore. Who is he?
- What is common to Mahout, Pig and Zookeeper?
- The CEO of which company is dubbed as the ‘Monkey Boy’ because of his antics at his company’s annual global business meetings?
- This person while working with the Royal Air Force conceived the idea of the first long distance tow–glider for troops. Who is it?
- Identify the brand from the image which is a part of its logo. It changed its name twice and finally adopted its stock ticker symbol as its name.
Ten all-correct entries will receive a copy of Debadutta K Panda’s Understanding Microfinance published by Wiley India (books courtesy: Wiley India). One lucky winner will also receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to email@example.com. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: January 31, till 8 pm. Previous winners, employees of Business Standard and Wiley India and their families are not eligible to participate.