- What is common to Carl Lewis, Jeff Bezos, Jay Leno, Sharon Stone and Paul Ryan - Republican VP candidate?They all worked at McDonald’s when they were teenagers.
- Which airline created aviation history when they started to serve passengers with re-useable cookie tins?Indigo Airlines. It started selling cookies in reusable tins in 2007.
- Who won a Nobel Prize in Economics for demonstrating the fact that when sellers have information about the quality of a product that buyers don’t have, the sellers are the primary losers, as suspicious buyers drive down prices or abandon the market altogether?In 2001 the Nobel Prize in Economics was awarded jointly to George A. Akerlof, A. Michael Spence and Joseph E Stiglitz for their analyses of markets with asymmetric information.
- This company is celebrating its Platinum Jubilee this year. It was established by Lingam Brothers and Vijendra Rao in a spirit of Swedishi-ism, to be owned, controlled and managed only by Indians. Name the company. United India Insurance Company Limited, was founded in Chennai in 1906.
- DoCoMo when translated in English means “Everywhere”, but which company’s baseline is Everywhere?Iridium, the satellite phone company.
- What is the term used to describe a kind of shareware program that keeps reminding the user to register, purchase or take some other action through one or more popup windows?Nagware
- This invention replaced a church key that was required for opening metal containers. In the late 1950s the inventor/engineer and tool manufacturer, was forced to use the bumper of his car to open cans of beer because he forgot the church key. Name him and his invention.Ermal Fraze of Ohio invented the first practical pull top can and it was unveiled in 1963 by the Pittsburgh Brewing Company.
- When this list was first launched by a famous business journal IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Johnson & Johnson, Eastman Kodak and Merck were ranked in the top five. Name the listing and the year of publication.IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Johnson & Johnson, Eastman Kodak and Merck were ranked in the top five of Fortune’s first listing of America’s Most Admired companies in 1983.
- What is common to Steve Jobs and Edwin Land, the inventor and founder of the company Polaroid?Both of them had to resign from the companies they started.
- Identify the brand from its logo in the visual?
The Belgian chocolate brand Godiva.
There was no all-correct entry for The Strategist quiz #268.